The Boardroom

We are the 3 summer students that have been hired with the Human Development Council.The Human Development Council is a non-profit United Way organization that strives to connect the community with the services and resources they need.This blog will follow our days spent on the third floor of the City Market. We work hard together in our boardroom(yes, they have us ALL working in one boardroom!).Luckily for us we have a hefty stock of candy and really enjoy each others company.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Kasia's note

Hi
This is Kasia, I am the third student in this HDC boardroom. I have been here for 6 weeks working on a research project. My project is on child poverty in New Brunswick and Canada. The project is very challenging and frustrating at times since I have to deal with trying to understand some data on poverty rates. Finally, I have gotten past the point of collecting data, making graphs and now I'm on the fun part: the write up and the analysis. My time here ends in 3 weeks so its crunch time getting this report done.
The candy is still flowing in the board room and the girls and I get in some good laughs in between our work.
All in all I have been enjoying my time at the HDC. This summer job has been a great oppertunity as I get to do alot of interesting research in the field that I am interested in. I will also end my time here with a written report -hopefully it will shed some light on the challenges the province is facing and what has to be done to improve the situation.
thanks for checking into the boardroom.
see ya
-Kasia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home